A lot of improvements have been made to the final machine since its first presentation at 3D Print in June.
- New enclosure with a more robust and lockable door.
- The machine has been enlarged by 50mm in diameter, which allows a larger printing volume.
- The air outlets and activated carbon filters have been enlarged, a system for connection to external ventilation is available on request.
- A waterproof filament box is available, which accepts all sizes of 1kg filament spool, diameter 1.75 . This box is equipped with a digital display of temperature and humidity, an area for an identification label, an area to add desiccant...
- A video camera for remote print control is available as well as an optional High Resolution Infrared Camera for fine control of your part temperature during printing.
- The brand new head is liquid cooled. The main advantage is that the cold zone is kept at a very low temperature, in our case less than 45°C by the cooling liquid.
For example, on the SpiderBot 4.0 HT when the hot zone is 420°C, the cold zone is at about 40-45°C, which means that the material goes from 45°C to 420°C over a few millimeters guaranteeing excellent control of the deposited material and a reduction in the risk of clogging the cold zone.
- Our exclusive Infrared Oven System* keeps the part at very high temperatures.
The inside of the enclosure and all internal components are covered with infrared radiation reflecting film, which prevents overheating of the components, only the part being printed is heated by infrared radiation.
Even if the chamber temperature does not exceed 90°C, the part being printed can be maintained at ~200°C, which greatly improves the layers bonding, print quality and reduces warping.
This high temperature allows semi-crystalline materials such as PEEK to crystallize completely during the printing cycle and thus obtain finished parts directly from the machine. Just wait for the machine to cool down...
Example of part printed with Solvay KetaSpire® PEEK :
- We provide the graphs and relationship curves between the temperatures of the radiants, the chamber and the part being printed.
- The SpiderBot is delivered with 2 slicer softwares, adapted versions of CURA and KISSlicer.
Each software has its own specificities and advantages :
CURA: easy to use, graphical interface and paths option.
KISSlicer: Configuration of paths with more finely tuned settings, especially in the support and post-processor areas, to the detriment of ease of use.
- Profiles for Solvay's KetaSpire® PEEK filaments, ARKEMA's KEPSTAN™ PEKK grade 6000, carbon filled PEKK, PEEK from 3dogg, PEI... are provided as standard and we can assist you with any profile definition for your high temperature material.
All these material profiles will evolve further and will be provided free of charge.
- The machine is totally open to evolutions and customization, the firmware sources are provided.
- As far as possible, all parts are standard Reprap parts (except for some high temperature parts of course), for example, the head accept any standard E3D V6.0 nozzles, etc...
- The price is between 7495€ and 8600€ ex.VAT depending on the configurations and options.
If any question or remark please feel free to contact me at : pboichut[at]qualup.com
* patent pending
- Dimensions : Diameter 450mm x 807mm high (excluding spool support)
- Z Resolution: better than 0.01mm
- XY resolution: better than 0.01mm
- Liquid cooled single head up to 470°C
- Radiant infrared heaters arranged all around the part being printed
- Radiant temperature: up to 450°C
- Part temperature during printing: up to 200°C
- Printing chamber temperature: max 90°C (controled)
- PolyEtherImide printing BED
- Print bed temperature: up to 240°C (metal printing bed)
- Temperature Coolant: max. 45°C
- Temperature Electronic area: max. 40°C
- Max Printing area: 200mm diameter x 180mm height (depending on part complexity and geometry)
- Heated PEI printing bed (temperature up to 180 ° C) and easily removable.
- Full metal Bed in option up to 240°C
- Recommended printing resolution: layer thickness Z from 0.15 to 0.45 mm.
- Double drive extruder
- Filament: 1.75mm, 1 kilogram spool (Diameter 220mm x 90mm), flexible or flexible filament not supported.
- End of filament detection
- Nozzle diameter: 0.3 to 0.8 mm.
- Rigid carbon fibre arms.
- Three-sphere print head with magnetic ball ends 2.7Kg.
- Linear guides + Slides
- Robust aluminium / stainless steel frame and Polycarbonate enclosure
- Waterproof box for spool holder with humidity and temperature indicator
- 32-bit Ultratronics motherboard
- Video control camera and IR thermal camera optional
- Raspberry Pi3 microcomputer, 10Gb storage
- Software : KISSlicer Pro, Cura, Repetier OEM Server included - Windows 64bits 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Storage temperature: 5 to 40°C
- Operating temperature: 18 to 26°C
- Shipping Weight: 28kgs
All specifications are subject to change without notice.